- I’m at a point in my life where I have a lot more questions than answers and trying to figure out what is my calling, my real purpose in life. The Book Talk & Jazz event helped me to address these questions. It was very inspiring hearing Carolyn speak about the challenges she faced but also how things eventually fell into place for her like it was meant to be . To me what is most amazing is how she was able to create her business and answer her calling which has made such a positive impact on so many people, including myself. I would invite anyone to attend future events she may have and to buy her books. You would not be disappointed.
I had met Carolyn only once but for some reason, after she had shared her story the first time I’d met her, I felt a need to go and hear how someone with no world-renowned brand behind her managed to build herself up and successfully pursue her dreams. I must say, I left Carolyn’s book talk filled with a hope and a fire that, even though times may be tough and you’re working just for working sake, it’s okay to take that risk, it’s okay to not have your life mapped out before you and feel disappointed if things don’t go as planned.
I thought to myself, “I’m not the only one!” It was comforting to know that she who is now so successful and happy career-wise went through struggles and periods of uncertainty for years before finding her voice. Carolyn you’re a true inspiration, you may not see yourself as such, but you truly are. Many can relate to your story because I believe you represent what we all wish to do and be: find our voice and do what we’re passionate about. Looking forward to the next book talk and this time I am getting my autographed copy of your book!
- There is a certain aura bestowed on those who are here to inspire us, whether it be merely in their presence or through their words. Carolyn reminded us that life begins outside of our comfort zone, that we should jump and take the risks that scare us. Fear, yes it will always be there, even a few steps in, but when we see the result and rewards we’re going to be glad we took them. We just have to think positive along the way!
Thank you for sharing Carolyn and loved the songs!
- I have never been to a book talk or experienced live Jazz performances before, and I honestly did not know what to expect when I bought my ticket for this event. So I was pleasantly surprised and a little blown away during this event. Carolyn’s candid discussions about her life experiences really touched me and at one point I found myself on the verge of tears as I could identify with what she was saying.
Her nuggets of advice were simple and easy to follow and I even found myself pulling out my notepad and jotting down a few points. I love how the songs Patrice, the Jazz singer, chose matched the theme of the night and complimented all that Carolyn had to say, which was quite a lot. I will definitely be going to more of her events in the future.
- On Saturday 2nd of April, I spent the afternoon with Carolyn K. Correia at her Book Talk and Jazz at the charming Chancellor Hotel in St. Ann’s. It was truly an inspiring lovely afternoon. Listening to Carolyn, you get the sense of a completely genuine woman who is like us in some ways; living life and looking for more. In her quest she broke free from the monotony of her life and embarked on richer life experiences, which brought her joy, and put her on the path towards living her best life. I had a wonderful time and also bought her book, which I started to read, so I encourage you to get her books!
- Thinking out Loud – “Learned, inspired, heartfelt. This is a charming and nicely written philosophical collection.”
- Carolyn’s how to find yourself and claim what’s yours is a personal journey which is narrated by the author during her times of self-actualization. Throughout the book Carolyn takes us back and then brings us to the present as she shares what worked for her and what can work for us. The book is genuine as Carolyn, in her desire to make a difference and she lays life lessons at your feet.
- Carolyn is one of those persons whose unassuming personality grows on you. I met Carolyn about 2 years ago and we kept in touch off and on and then I listened to her first audio book ‘Thinking out Loud’ and then her blogs and that’s when I realized that she has a God given talent….writing.
Her style of writing is soothing and relaxing and leaves you wanting more. I am in the process of reading her 2nd book “How To Find Yourself and Claim What’s Yours” and this is where you get to know her through her journey and how she handled every turn and twist that came her way. In the end, she is a success, and her story inspires you to keep on pressing until you find your passion.
- By reading Carolyn’s book Thinking out Loud, we can learn about life and how to deal with many things e.g fear, faith, love, expectations and also decide what is really important. It reminds us that life is short and to just live and enjoy. We learn to give back, not to just take. The book is healing - it makes you look within and stop fussing, take things easy and it gives you different perspectives on daily living.
- “Engaging, interactive, self-explanatory and warm.”
- “I have attended many workshops of this nature and I was really impressed with this facilitator. She did a lot of research and the content was very informative.”
- In an age of instantaneous delivery, Correia takes time to reflect on her experiences, deliberate on her feelings and bring every detail to life as she navigates her own growth passages and offers up words of encouragement for all on the path to self development
- “Thanks for reminding me that all is not lost and sometimes there are lots to be thankful for.”
- Carolyn Correia is a local author who I have followed through social media for a few months as I regularly look for encouragement in her beautifully written blog posts. Earlier this month and with my best friend in tow, I attended her first Book Talk and Jazz event. During Ms. Correia’s presentation, she expressed that she had been following me as well and I immediately thought of the phrase ‘like attracts like’.
The event was very encouraging and interactive, there were several prizes and the audience seemed to be very engaged in Ms. Correia’s presentation as she was honest which helps to make a person more relatable. I look forward to attending more of these types of events…Good job!
- The book entitled “Thinking Out Loud” is a must read. It is very applicable to our everyday lives. I started reading the book and found myself reading chapter after chapter…this book just keeps you wanting more. Further, it is easy to read and touches different aspects of life. It is truly motivational and I recommend it to all readers. Ms. Correia is a young, vibrant and talented writer who has a lot to offer. Keep up the good work.
- Thinking out Loud allowed me to take the time to reflect on my own life journey. By sharing herself Carolyn encouraged me to stop and reflect on my own life experiences. In doing so I was able to view them from a different perspective.
Two chapters in particular touched me. Firstly the chapter that focused on friendships and letting go of friendships that we may have outgrown. This struck a chord with me because this is a lesson I have had to relearn during my journey. Secondly the chapter on parents because I have a sound relationship with my parents that transitioned from parent and child to friend and advisor. Carolyn, thank you for sharing yourself and for allowing individuals to realise that it is our similar experiences that make us one.